Sunday, February 13, 2011

Knitting Needle Reconnaissance and Recovery Operation (KNRRO)

  It all started with my knitting the Headband Earwarmer with Flower.  The pattern was so fun and knitted up so quickly my mind started clicking.  You know, planning ten different projects when you haven't finished the current.   I decided that I wanted to use a smaller yarn and smaller needles and create a narrower headband for fashion and not necessarily warmth.  The yarn I chose was Beroco Lumina and Size 7 bamboo needles.  The yarn I did get from The Fiber Closet but surely I have size 7 needles in bamboo in my stash.  I found several single Size 7 needles (different materials and different lengths) but not their mates which brings me to my CHALLENGE.  I challenge all of you knitters to go on a "Knitting Needle Reconnaissance and Recovery Operation (KNRRO).  Hunt out and recover those needles sadly stuck in some long forgotten project.  Either finish the project (good luck on that one) or, if you really like the project but it's just not the time to knit on it, insert a piece of waste yarn tagged with the needle size, etc., and recover those needles.  If you have fallen out of love with the project, yank those needles out and recover both the yarn and the needles.

Post your Recovery results on this blog post.  I think it will be fun to see how many pairs of the same size, length, etc., that we all find.  I know I have lots of Size 8 straights stuck in neglected projects.

While digging out those needles would be a good time to get all of your circulars, straights, and double points organized.  For now,  let's just find those darned needles!!



The Sylvania wireless headphone is my new best device.   I use it all of the time.  I was always jumping up with my headphone attached to one of my listening devices and knocking the device on the floor and/or ripping the earphone out of my ear.  They have a range of 100 feet.  I can leave my computer or Kindle in the sitting room and run out to The Fiber Closet without a second thought.  You just plug the supplied audio cables into your listening device  and into the little radio transmitter and you are all set.  It works on 4 AAA batteries (not included, of course).  The headphone has a built-in FM radio with auto scan, too.  I love, love it.  Now, I can sit in the same room with Mike and enjoy my computer or Kindle and not be tethered while he watches his sports on  the TV.

3 comments:

  1. I don't look for lost ones. I make new ones...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to your inspiration, I found my missing sz 8 addi turbo's. Whew, what a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm super jealous of those headphones. I use my headphones everyday and I can't count the number of times that the cord has caused my mp3 player or phone to take a tumble.

    I also took stock of all of my knitting today. I have a lot of UFOs stacked up that are all projects I want to finish. What happened to the UFO club? I think I need the incentive to get these things done! I don't think I can wait until Ravelympics 2012!

    ReplyDelete