Monday, December 7, 2009

Snow in Rockville

Yeah! I awoke to a small dusting of snow. It is just enough to get one into the spirit of the Holidays.

In the mail today, I received great News from Mountain Colors. They were inspired by a new book called Not My Daughter that is coming out January 5, 2010. In conjunction with this book, they have designed a new Colorway called Spring Eclipse. Working with the publisher, Doubleday, they have created special yarn tags that talk about the book and the yarn. I have a yarn sample of the Spring Eclipse and one of the tags. Check out Mountain Colors at http://www.mountaincolors.com/ and the author, Barbara Delinsky at http://barbaradelinsky.com/. Mountain Colors is also introducing a new sock yarn, Crazyfoot. Crazyfoot is a 90% Superwash Merino and 10% Nylon with lots of twist. Skeins are 440 yards giving you plenty of yarn for a pair of socks. I plan on ordering some of both yarns. Let me know if you need a certain colorway or amount so I am sure to have it in stock.

Today, I sent out a new schedule to all of you who have signed up for our Newsletters. The Fiber Closet has new social groups and new hours for some of our old ones. Every Tuesday is now going to be spinning and weaving day. Thursdays will be knitting and rug hooking. I added a new knitting session (10 AM-1 PM) and added an hour to The Sweater Girls (3-6 PM). Also, changed the Rug Hooking Group to weekly on Thursdays from 1-3 PM. We will be spinning every Tuesday morning and weaving in the afternoons.

Lady is still making great progress. I finished the fingerless mitts that I was making for Mike's sisters. I will post them on my Facebook album and on Ravlery. Mike is now retired and will be in Rockville more often. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment